Recommendations and regulations
Basic rules when visiting the Slovak Paradise:
- The hiking trails in the Slovak Paradise are accessible all year round, but the passage through the gorges is difficult - sturdy shoes are therefore necessary.
- During winter hiking, we recommend you to use winter equipment (crampons, ice hammer), or at least trekking poles.
- For your safety, crossing the gorges is only possible in one direction - against the flow of the stream.
- The gorges may be impassable due to the weather. You can find out about the current passability of the trails on weather and warnings, www.hzs.sk, information centers or from the board at the entrance to the gorge.
- It is better to go for the hike earlier, you will have enough time to return.
- We come to nature to relax - please be considerate of others. Noisy behavior disturbs the animals and makes the trip unpleasant for other visitors.
- Garbage does not belong in nature. Trash cans and bags attract many types of animals, so take leftovers with you after a snack.
- A cigarette butt or a discarded glass bottle can also cause a fire. Make fire only in designated and marked places in tourist centers.
- Movement of dogs in the national park is allowed only on a lead and with a muzzle. A dog cannot pass through ladders in gorges.
- Tenting, camping and bivouacing are possible only in camping areas.
We ask you to observe the visitor regulations and move only along the marked routes and cycle paths. We recommend that visitors take out insurance in case the intervention of the Mountain Rescue Service is necessary.
You can find more detailed information about the visiting regulations on the website of the Administration of the Slovak Paradise National Park.